Join our growing Digital Home team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking an Android Developer (Requisition #164115) to join our Digital Home Android team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of Xfinity Home Security & Automation interactive products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for existing Android apps as well as building new Android apps from scratch, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building mobile applications (Java/Android) that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave).
- 2+ years of experience with the Android application development
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful web services and caching especially in HTTP compliant caches
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices.
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to think critically and independent
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Familiarity with wireless mesh networking (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, etc.)
- Experience building/operating mobile applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Gerrit)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery