Join our growing team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Build & Devops Engineer (Requisition #174283) to join our Engineering team in Philadelphia, PA.
This team member will help mature our continuous integration and delivery of software within Comcast. We need your help to support our current CI/CD platform as well as help shape, design, and drive the future way in which software is built and deployed. You will work to drive commonality and simplicity across the various deliverable artifacts in our environment. This group is responsible for developing and maintaining a fault-tolerant, scalable CI/CD platform that helps Comcast launch new products efficiently and with confidence. We’re a devops team, responsible for operating and extending this platform at scale. Come join our diverse team of engineers working together on a solution that we’re proud of.
– We value usable and working solutions now over a perfect solution later.
– We value using good enough open source software over perfect commercial software.
– We value diversity of opinion over group consensus.
– We value being able to pursue a plan together over everyone agreeing that the plan is the best one.
– We value context and responsibility over management visibility and direction.
– We start from the assumption that someone, somewhere has already figured out a solution to this problem; we value using their results over rediscovering them ourselves.
– We value actively and humbly seeking and appreciating honest feedback over preserving our egos.
– We value making decisions with research and reason over tradition or fear; we are fans of the scientific method.
– We value curiosity and empathy.
– We value building it right over building it fast.
– We happily teach each other the things we have learned.
– Writing tested, production-ready application code to extend the functionality of our Jenkins environment
– Participate in duty-day and on-call rotation (very low volume)
– Administer our Nexus and Gerrit installations
– Provide support to our developers building/testing/deploying their code from our systems
– Performing code reviews
– Participating in software release and deployment activities
– Writing appropriate levels of documentation
– 3+ years of of relevant work experience, including programming experience and Object Oriented skills
– Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Artifactory, Gerrit, Git, Jenkins, Maven and Nexus
– Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Shell
– Experience with a configuration management system, and immutable server concepts a plus
– BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
– Problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
– Experience with a distributed version control system such as git or mercurial
– UNIX/Linux background: familiarity with command line utilities and system administration tools and concepts a plus
– A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive
– We’re interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position. If you’re not sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer