Join our growing team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Lead Designer, IOT (Requisition #178544) to join our Comcast Experience Design (XD) team in New York, NY. This group is responsible for transforming how our customers access and enjoy entertainment, communications and home management services across all platforms online, mobile, TV and beyond. By assembling the country’s top designers and thinkers, the Comcast XD department is rapidly becoming the premier environment for building and launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make everyday life easier and more entertaining for millions of customers.
The Comcast XD team is seeking a passionate and innovative Lead Designer with expertise in user-centered design principles and a ‘don’t make me think’ understanding of usability to concept and create UX designs across multiple platforms such as web, mobile and set-top box while collaborating cross-functionally to deliver world class customer experiences. This designer should have a passion for IoT and emerging technologies.
– Provide UX design leadership, expertise and support
– Collaborate and lead UX team in ideation and concept explorations throughout any project lifecycle, facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning; proposing alternative plans, and determining direction in collaboration with senior executives and outside vendors
– Deliver concept sketches, rough wire frame or flows, visual design comps (including production ready), rapid prototyping/demos, presentations, logos, icons, mood boards and assist in the creation of associated mitigation plans
– Provide UX designs in alignment with overarching business and user experience goals
– Articulate and track project milestones, serving as liaison between UX team members
– Mentor and coach designers on core UX skills and project oversight; contribute to the growing library of knowledge around User-Centered Design, through the products developed and best practice research
– Degree in design, computer science, human factors or equivalent work experience
– 6-8 years designing internet, mobile or equivalent interactive experiences
– Expert ability to deliver solid work in a deadline-driven environment
– Demonstrable fluency with Sketch, Zeplin, invision, or other design tools
– Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices, including User Centered Design
– Excellent collaborative skills with critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
– Strong portfolio of solid web, mobile and multi-media required
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned