Join our growing team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Principal Data Engineer (Requisition #179276) to join our Technology team in Philadelphia, PA.
Responsible for tracking and measuring reliability and performance trends for Digital Home Quality Products and initiatives which includes programs that span multiple organizations. Monitor outcomes, longer-term improvements, benefits in support of improving the overall quality and customer experience of the Digital Home product. Assists with strategic planning while building and maintaining organizational and technical knowledge as it relates to the Internet and Home/IoT product platforms and services. Assist with automation of our daily/ weekly quality reports and communicate across stakeholders.
Data Analyst with Database Administration:
– Provide SQL, database, and reporting expertise in support of the data management and analytic efforts for the team
– Identify data and information gaps in the environment, provide feedback with options on how to address where possible
– Build ERD diagrams with description, data definition and ETL source details
– Create tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, scripts and other database objects to cater as per the migration efforts
– Install the drivers, Re-write packages, build and test the connections
– Investigate, extract, clean (where possible), transform, and load new data into the new environment to support current and future requests
– Create a table driven ETL framework to automate the SSIS packages
– Configure and manage database maintenance plan for statistics, integrity and backup operations
– Provide expertise advice and implement solutions for data security, storage, and replication
– Provide performance tuning of the database for enhancing query and data loading performance, including data partitioning, indexing, data model review/updates
– Provide immediate feedback and escalate issues that cannot be resolved to project lead whenever necessary to mitigate business user impact
– Assist with development of process & procedure to automate recurring tasks
– Familiar with various cloud data sources and architecture such as AWS/S3, MS Azure, Hive, Kafka.
– Ability to write custom script’s that populate data feed from external cloud based sources
Data Analyst with Visualizations Background:
– Design, develop, test and deploy intuitive user interface visualizations using tableau or related tools
– Build dashboards that are storytelling and predicts the future trends
– Rapidly iterate, prototype, and implement data visualizations using advanced design and development skills.
– Strong conceptual thinking and interactive design background
– Research source data and design queries that bring data into Tableau
– Contribute to and help define team best practices around report development, testing, access management, and report refresh scheduling
– A strong to very strong working knowledge of SQL
– Ability to custom schedule refreshes triggers that send communications to the teams
– Bachelor’s Degree required and Masters/ MBA desired
– Experience with SQL Server, ETL, Splunk, Tableau required, and experience with AWS/S3, MS Azure, Hive, Kafka desired
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
– Generally requires 11+ years related experience