Join our growing Digital Home team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer (Requisition #164532) to join our Digital Home Client Engineering group. This group is responsible for the user-facing mobile, web, X1 and Touchscreen applications for the Xfinity Home Security & Automation and Xfinity Internet products.
In this role, you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and business managers to provide technical leadership and guidance across the multiple Digital Home client applications. Additionally, you would regularly contribute to new development on one or more projects for Xfinity Home or Xfinity Internet product lines.
- 15+ years’ experience with Software Engineering
- 7+ years professional experience in developing client applications (mobile, web and/or set-top-box, etc.)
- Experience building and/or using RESTful web services
- Experience in caching especially in HTTP compliant caches
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Experience managing software projects with source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Experience maintaining Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines/workflows
- Familiarity with cloud computing (S3, SQS, Hadoop…)
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Collaboration with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements, conducting analysis to determine integration needs.
- Technical leadership throughout the design, development, testing and deployment processes and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
- Serving as a coach and mentor for junior- and mid-level Software Development Engineers
- In-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Presentation and defense of architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge in several of: Amazon Web Services, Azure, HTML5, Cassandra, Storm, DC/OS
- Experience in building REST/ RPC based API services
- Familiarity with Managed and Distributed Queues such as Kafka, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, SQS and SNS
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hypermedia Application Language (HAL) web services
- Familiarity / Experience with micro-services architectures and development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- DevOps experience