Comcast’s Technology Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like XFINITY My Account to new features such as the Voice Remote on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops Xfinity Home Security and Automation devices such as Security Hubs, smoke detectors, sensors and cameras.
Product Manager (Technology + Product)
The Sr. Product Manager is primarily responsible for creating and delivering the Xfinity Home Camera product roadmap. The role requires strong leadership and communications skills, and the optimal candidate can build and execute on a camera roadmap while adding value through technical and business capabilities.The ideal candidate has a background preferably in consumer Cameras Product Development or Management. A proven track record in delivery execution under aggressive schedule demands and competing priorities is a must. Experience with agile development and deployment, program management and business analytics are a plus.
The successful candidate will be the product champion for Xfinity Home Cameras and must be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, build and manage product roadmaps and use cases, identify, assign and commit functional resources to meet commitments, develop risk and communication plans, and coordinate with external vendors and organizations as required. This role will work with OEM/ODM’s, chip suppliers, the Business Unit and external groups such as Comcast divisional and regional representatives, technical personnel and deployment resources to communicate how the device will meet Company goals. Close coordination with the engineering and program leads will be required to ensure alignment between the technical, Business and field teams on product features.
- Function as the Xfinity Home Camera Product Manager and contributes to the product vision across the team and the organization.
- Develop business cases, use cases, executive summaries, product features and roadmap and communications strategies for early-stage projects.
- Use technical expertise to contribute to architecture and engineering activities.
- Provide leadership as assigned and support all existing communication forums as needed as well as proactively suggest implement new forums as appropriate.
- Provide product management leadership and expertise. Serve as the source of truth on product features and ensure all parties are on the same page regarding objectives and definition of success.
- Manage the product features through the deliverables associated with the product, e.g. Product Requirements Document.
- Identify product risks and mitigation plans as appropriate and work with program lead to drive mitigation solutions to completion.
- Manages change requests. Validates downstream deliverables and final offering (business acceptance testing.)
- Communicate with stakeholders including development teams, operations, product and Sr. Leadership as required.
- Minimum of 8 years of mixed product management and technology / engineering experience, including people management and leading cross-functional organizations in a complex, technical environment
- Understanding of and experience with the full product development lifecycle, including functional and technical specifications, product use cases, user stories, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance
- Experience in at least one technical discipline, preferably in product development or product management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent meeting facilitation, planning and management skills required.
- Proven record of accomplishment of collaboration with product owners.
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- The Consumer Premise Equipment (CPE) Product Manager for Xfinity Home Cameras will drive the definition, development, and sustainment of PON and DOCSIS based gateways. This position will interface with internal groups such as the Business Unit, Engineering, Program Manager, Customer Service, and various technical operations teams to collect and author specifications relating to the development of the CPE. This position will also interface with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to help drive development and certification of the CPE.
- Manage the product life cycle of the product.
- Define hardware and software (RDK for cameras) requirements and use cases for the product.
- Assist in defining a test plan for the CPE device
- Work with the Program Manager and OEMs to drive the development and certification cycle.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to define the priority of new features and resolution of defects.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.