Join our growing team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Sr. Systems Software Engineer (Requisition #174764) to join our Technology team in Philadelphia, PA.
The CPE Software Triage/Data Analysis Engineer function is critical to ensure we are addressing Field Customer issues and also ensure the Quality of releases to the field are at high quality.
This function also ensures that we are able to Scale fast at the same time ensuring quality product. Being able to proactive inspect and address Customer issues via Data.
– Triage customer reported issues and issues originating from Field data analysis.
– Troubleshoot issues in RDK-Video devices.
– Usage of various tools (Splunk, Tableau, Einstein etc ) and review device logs to get to the root cause of the issues.
– Interact with various teams within the RDK Team (Development, Release Management, Tools, Test etc..) constantly on field issues.
– Provide technical help to the Support teams and the Customers.
– Review code to understand functionality and help resolve field issues.
– Document technical solutions to be shared with the customers.
– Proactive log Data Analysis and Metrics.
– Assess and implement new tools that are necessary to improve the CPE Software Triage/Data Analysis engineering process.
-Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
-A strong technical background in Software engineering including best practices in Agile environment and understanding of complete software development lifecycle.
-7+ year Development experience with Linux and embedded devices Systems Programming.
-Understanding of the key Video concepts like DVR (Digital Video Recorder), Video Codecs, Video-On-Demand, Home Networking.
-Strong development experience and Scripting experience (Shell, Python scripts).
-Experience in Cable set top box
-Strong knowledge in Networking, TCP/IP, Wi-FI standard, TR-069, SNMP, Docsis etc.
-Strong knowledge in C,C++, Java programming languages.
-JiRA or other defect tracking tools.
-Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
-Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.