Join our growing team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Xfinity Home (Requisition #185133) to join our Xfinity Home Security and IoT engineering team in Austin, TX.
The Comcast Austin Innovation Center is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Xfinity Home Security and IoT engineering team; responsible for the planning, designing, development, testing and delivery of the firmware for the Xfinity Home touchscreen (Home Hub) and IoT products.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be focused on delivering new features and improvements to the home security touchscreen and IoT hubs and gateways. The role will involve collaborating with fellow developers on the team, with developers on the platform/server team, with the test team, with the product team, and with others in an Agile environment. The role requires strong communication skills.
– Develops, architects and drives core product features
– Interacts with cross-functional engineering, product, and Quality Assurance teams throughout the company
– Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements
– Conducts analysis to determine integration needs
– Implements world-class software from planning to production
– Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
– Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects
– Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
– Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Engineers
– Participates in design and code reviews
– Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements
– Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty
– Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
– Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
– BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
– Expert in both C and Java languages
– Experience with C++
– Proficient in firmware development
– Proficient with Android and Linux development platforms
– Strong debugging skills
– Experience with wireless protocols, especially WiFi, ZigBee, and Bluetooth
– Experience with Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF)
Years of Experience:
– Requires 8-10 years of client-side software experience, 3+ years of industry experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer