Join our growing Digital Home team!
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Software Engineering Manager (Requisition #164120) to join our Digital Home Application Engineering team. This group is responsible for client-facing mobile, web and set-top box application development for Comcast’s Home Security and Internet of Things products, including native iOS and Android Xfinity Home applications, Polymer Web Component based web portal and a native X1 STB application. We are passionate about our products, our engineering, and our people!
In this role, you will directly manage a team of software developers and test engineers. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to develop features for Xfinity mobile applications. You must be a strong technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic thinker, have excellent communication skills and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- 2+ years managing software engineers, setting goals and developing career plans
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Fundamental understanding of HTTP protocol and caching
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful web services
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Directly managing one or two teams (approx. 5-10 Engineers including full time employees and contractors), providing regular feedback and coaching regarding both job performance and career development
- Overseeing the development and release of enhancements, new features and modifications to existing mobile, web and X1 applications
- Providing guidance to engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements
- Serving as a primary point of contact and liaison between engineering and other teams
- Partnering with mobile, web and X1 application technical leads to ensure teams follow SDLC processes and conventions, enabling success of applications’ release schedules
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience building/operating mobile applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Gerrit)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery